- n clinical neurological syndrome characterized by muscular twitching and cramps and (when severe) seizures; associated with calcium deficiency (hypoparathyroidism) or vitamin D deficiency or alkalosis
- But in 1931 he was confronted with a woman dying of tetany and too weak for the operation.
- Hence many suffer from osteomalacia (softening of the bones), scurvy, anemia, severe rickets, infantile tetany (convulsions), horny skin, tuberculosis.
- This substance from oxen glands will cure the serious condition known as parathyroid tetany, which is due to an insufficiency of the parathyroid internal secretion.
News & Articles
- Grass tetany threat is right around the corner
Early spring is the primary time that farmers experience problems and loss of livestock to the forage-related disorder known as grass tetany, grass staggers, lactation tetany or hypomagnesemia.
Feb. 17, 2014 - The Danville Advocate-Messenger