- n the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear
- Despite the overtures between the reformist president Mohammed Khatami and the West on ways of cooperating against terrorism, hard-line spiritual leader Ayatollah Khameini insisted .
- You could call George Habash, a Palestinian leader who died in Amman on Saturday at the age of 82, the godfather of Middle East terrorism.
- More than 120 world leaders meet Wednesday on the heels of a climate change summit to tackle other crucial issues on the international agenda from terrorism and the spread of .
- David S. Kris in The Hindu
They further reflect the effectiveness of mutual investigations and cooperation with our global partners in disrupting terrorism threats,he said.
- Gordon Brown in BBC News
In a statement issued on Wednesday, Mr Brown said: "We have strong reason to believe that a British citizen, Edwin Dyer, has been murdered by an al-Qaeda cell in Mali. I utterly condemn this appalling and barbaric act of terrorism. My thoughts are...
- Barack Obama in USA Today
The threat of terrorism faced by the United States and the European Union continues and, with this agreement, all of our citizens will be safer,Obama said in a statement.