- n transmitting speech at a distance
- Traditional telephony is more heavily regulated than the Internet because it has been dominated by monopolies that could impose unfair prices.
- The deal transfers ownership of the Internet-based telephony from eBay to an investor consortium led by Silver lake Partners and including the Canada Pension Plan.
- The Holy Grail of IP telephony is a new breed of application that will improve information flow within an organization and with its customers and suppliers.
News & Articles
- EU quizzes telecom firms, handset makers on Google's Android
By Foo Yun Chee BRUSSELS (Reuters) - European Union antitrust regulators are asking mobile telecoms operators and handset makers if their Android deals with Google block rivals in mobile telephony, a move that could lead to a second investigation into the company. Google is already seeking to settle a three-year probe into complaints it squeezed out online search rivals. The Internet search ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- David Willetts: UK could be 'world leader' in 5G
Universities and Science Minister David Willetts has suggested that the UK could regain its lead in mobile telephony with the development of new 5G technologies.
June 14, 2013 - TechWorld
- EU's Android antitrust inquiry leads to questions for telecom companies
European Union antitrust regulators are asking mobile telecoms operators and handset makers if their Android deals with Google block rivals in mobile telephony, a move that could lead to a second investigation into the company.
June 14, 2013 - Contra Costa Times
- Viviane Reding in Xinhua
Pan-European telecom services, such as in-flight mobile telephony, need a regulatory 'one-stop shop' to operate throughout Europe and this is why the Commission has acted today,said EU Telecoms Commissioner Viviane Reding.
- Bill Gates in Taipei Times
The shift to software-based telephony is as profound as the shift from typewriters to word processing software,Microsoft chairman Bill Gates said onstage during a press conference in San Francisco.
- Jamie Bell in Glasgow Daily Record
The technologies that are embodied by this sector, beyond mobile telephony and mobile broadband, are not only a source of profitable investment but a source of massive productivity gains and massive inclusion of different parts of the world that... Jeffrey Sachs http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Sachs&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGcAZ_inAN4UvX3PHHFBv4vcbTvuQ FOXNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2009Feb16/0,4670,EUSpainMobileConference,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEMedoXnSJtUUrKEZQ--e7v8tUZ4w Feb 16, 2009
98753 130973 teleportation Jamie said: It's more hip than Spider-Man. Peter Parker fights for justice but our hero thinks, 'Great, I can rob banks and get women easily.' It's a much more interesting way to look at it. My superpower is teleportation but you don't just click...