- n a brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur; it is used in alloys and as a semiconductor; occurs mainly as tellurides in ores of copper and nickel and silver and gold
- n the syllable naming the seventh (subtonic) note of any musical scale in solmization
- Bill Nelson in Gather.com
Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla., told CNN "The greatest nightmare with this storm approaching is that it takes this oil on the surface of te Gulf and blows it over the barrier islands into the bays and estuaries, and that is where you really get the...
- Daisuke Matsuzaka in CBS News
There are going to be many important games in a row,Matsuzaka said through a translator. "Knowing that fact, I just wanted to set myself up and throw a good game and, hopefully, that will carry me into te playoffs."
- Louise Slaughter in TIME (blog)
Te FDA has proposed good steps, but they have not gone far enough or moved fast enough,said Representative Louise Slaughter of New York, who happens to be the only microbiologist in Congress. "We cannot wait any longer."