- n a hard grey lustrous metallic element that is highly resistant to corrosion; occurs in niobite and fergusonite and tantalite
- Ever since World War II began, the warring nations have been looking for an adequate source of tantalum.
- When a section of tantalum remains, it acts as a resistor.
- Its soils are packed with diamonds, gold, copper, tantalum (known locally as coltan and used in electronic devices such as cell phones and laptop computers) and uranium.
News & Articles
- Research and Markets: Global Tantalum and Niobium (Columbium) Market Review Report 2013-2017
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Tantalum and Niobium Market Review" report to t
June 14, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Global Advanced Metals (GAM) Becomes Member of AIAG
WALTHAM, Mass. and SOUTHFIELD, Mich., June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Global Advanced Metals Pty Ltd (GAM) , a leading and socially responsible producer of tantalum, has joined AIAG, a not-for-profit, member-supported ...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Glenn in Business Wire (press release)
We are excited to expand our product offering to include Arcotronics and their line of wet tantalum components. Our customers have been asking for a solution and we are pleased to bring them Arcotronics,said Glenn Notice USI Electronics Vice...
- Yuri Gagarin in Canada NewsWire (press release)
I believe that my knowledge and experience will be of value to Commerce Resources in the development of this world-class deposit as the demand for tantalum and niobium continues to increase,Alexander Gagarin says. "I see this as a...