- n the quality of being vapid and unsophisticated
- n the attribute of having been domesticated
- The source of Howells' crippling tameness is more complex than his frequently cited refusal to write about sex (no American could write about sex in those days of rump-hump .
- His pianist brother Frank sticks to the seaboard; his greater talent and his tameness betray him into the venal successes of the "swing" rage.
- At first the new press displayed a striking sameness in content, tameness in outlook.
News & Articles
- Taylor Swift's First Vine Pokes Fun at How Tame She Is
(Getty Images) Taylor Swift 's tameness has been a running joke for pretty much her entire career. The Nashville-based superstar is the first to point out how much she prefers Law & Order: SVU and a glass of lavender lemonade over the club scene, so it wasn't too big a surprise that she dedicated her first-ever Vine post to the couch, her cat, and Titanic . "At 9pm, I'm either onstage or doing ...
June 20, 2013 - Zimbio