- n a unit of spoken language larger than a phoneme
the word `pocket' has two syllables
- In one typical exchange here, 38 spoken words out of 39 are just one syllable long (the exception is "cannot").
- Unlike Robert (Mutt) Lange, the obsessive genius behind ACDC and Shania Twain, he has never ordered 80 consecutive vocal takes of a one-syllable lyric.
- But there was no Braille alphabet for the 42 syllable characters of that complex Asian language, so she developed one in just two weeks.
News & Articles
- The Beat Goes On
Rosalyn Jeans slowly tapped out the syllables in her first name as she beat the drum in front of her simultaneously with each syllable. SRVS instructo...
June 12, 2013 - The Memphis Daily News
- Cummings vows to release full IRS transcripts by week’s end
I want every syllable of those transcripts to be released,Cummings said on CNN. Read more...
June 9, 2013 - The Hill
- Stan Lee in KCRA.com
I was very upset with (director) Louis Leterrier about it because I only say one syllable -- the only thing I say is 'Wow,'Lee joked in an @ The Movies interview Tuesday. "I wanted to stretch the role, so when I first said the line, I...
- Jon Landau in Irish Times
Landau wrote of the show: "Springsteen is like a cross between Chuck Berry, early Bob Dylan and Marlon Brando. Every gesture, every syllable adds something to his ultimate goal - to liberate our spirit when he liberates his by baring his soul...
- Holly Benson in Bradenton Herald
It's very bad. It's many three and four syllable words. So we worked to make sure it was more simple,Benson said, displaying a revised version that is easier to read.