sussex : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a county in southern England on the English Channel; formerly an Anglo-Saxon kingdom that was captured by Wessex in the 9th century
News & Articles
- Sussex County resident José Oyola indicted for extortion and theft in scheme targeting immigrants
The Sussex County Grand Jury indicted a Sussex County resident June 10 with extortion and theft against members of the state’s Hispanic community. Delaware State Police previously arrested Jose Oyola, 47, of Greenwood April 18 charging him with six felony charges, including one count of extortion and five counts of theft. Oyola has been out on $22,500 unsecured bond. During the 2010 Hispanic ...
June 13, 2013 - Cape Gazette
- SUSSEX: County Council rejects bill to allow casino
GEORGETOWN — Sussex County Council voted 3-1 to register its displeasure with a bill in Dover that would allow the county’s first casino.
June 12, 2013 - Eastern Shore News
- Sussex County Man Indicted for Extortion, Theft
Authorities say a Sussex County Grand Jury has indicted a Greenwood man for extortion and theft in connection with an alleged scheme targeting members of Delaware's Hispanic community.
June 12, 2013 - WBOC Salisbury
- Geoff Miller in AFP
Matt Prior has enjoyed an impressive domestic season with Sussex and having re-established himself in the England one-day side, he will now compete with Tim Ambrose for the position of Test wicketkeeper,said Miller. "Matt remains our...
- Kevin Pietersen in Times Online
As Kevin Pietersen said on Tuesday: "Fair play to the guy, he could have gone away and felt sorry for himself, but he's scored hundreds for Sussex and he's in a really good place right now. He went back to the drawing board and he's come back a...
- Chris Adams in guardian.co.uk
The current Sussex captain Chris Adams described Mushtaq as "statistically, romantically and emotionally the best player to ever pull on a Sussex shirt".