- n an additional tax on certain kinds of income that has already been taxed
- v levy an extra tax on
surtax luxury items that cost more than $1,000
- In theory, the surtax is a fiscal mechanism, a key weapon in the fight against inflation.
- The surtax will have an impact throughout Europe.
- If the reform measure does not pass, further extension of the surtax will be in jeopardy.
News & Articles
Daily Headlines +Voters split on referendum votes Voters approved a tax exemption for new and expanding businesses, but voted against a sales surtax to fund indigent care.
June 19, 2013 - The Longboat Observer
- Nancy Pelosi in FOXNews
Just as I have opposed the war from the outset ...... I am opposed to a war surtax,said House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.
- David Obey in FOXNews
If we have to pay for the health care bill, we should pay for the war as well ...... by having a war surtax,Obey told ABC News in an interview that aired Monday. "The problem in this country with this issue is that the only people that has...
- Jon Kyl in Washington Post
At least 55 percent of the income that would be generated by this surtax directly hits the entrepreneurs who run these small businesses,Kyl said on "This Week." "It would be a job killer. It would be exactly the wrong thing to do any time,...