- s inclined to anger or bad feelings with overtones of menace
a surly waiter
- I'm not at all certain that the matches Shelly arranges for Jenna's fellow waitresses (one of them ends up with a poetry-spouting accountant, the other with the diner's surly cook .
- And Fox News will be broadcasting from a bar filled with increasingly surly, drunk Republicans.
- The bubonic germ is a surly one that lives in slatternly wild creatures, insects, rodents and in the filthy shambles of great cities.
News & Articles
- Meet The Horrible Florida Woman Who Filmed Herself Berating Dunkin' Donuts Workers
Surly patron Taylor Chapman, 27, announced that she wanted her video to "get a million fucking hits" on YouTube. She may actually get her wish. read more
June 11, 2013 - The Smoking Gun
- Local Sports
COLUMBUS - Some surly old man once said youth is wasted on the young. That adage doesn't apply to Warren G. Harding's girls 4x100-meter relay team of Gariana Bercheni, Chyna Stroud, Aminah Wesley and Justice Richardson.
June 8, 2013 - Tribune Chronicle
- Ronald Reagan in Dallas Morning News
We will never forget them,Mr. Reagan said in a televised address, "nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for their journey and waved goodbye and 'slipped the surly bonds of earth' to 'touch the face of God.' "
- Jonah Hill in CANOE
Hill explains, "I met him (Gallagher) once on Russell's radio show (in England) and somehow immediately got in an argument with him that I had nothing to do with! He was really surly."
- Adam Shankman in Reuters
It's a shame because they were missing out on something that was going to give them a shot in their day,Shankman told Reuters. "It was an awfully grumpy and surly attitude."