subtle : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s difficult to detect or grasp by the mind or analyze
his whole attitude had undergone a subtle change
a subtle difference
- s able to make fine distinctions
a subtle mind
- s working or spreading in a hidden and usually injurious way
a subtle poison
- Cyber crime is becoming too complex and subtle for the old generation judges to understand and evaluate.
- And he is prepared for everything, from opinions on candidates for bishoprics worldwide to subtle points of theology.
- Why critics are taking note: Fleming is renowned for deceptively simple, multipart desserts that rely on seasonal ingredients and the subtle interplay of temperatures, textures and .
News & Articles
- ‘The Subtle Body’ at NACL
NACL Theatre will present “The Subtle Body” on June 15.
June 12, 2013 - The River Reporter
- Review: The wolf is at the door in 'Cornelius'
NEW YORK (AP) — J.B. Priestley's 1935 play, "Cornelius," directed by Sam Yates, is being presented by Brits Off Broadway at 59E59 Theaters. It's a subtle, old-fashioned drama with comedic undertones, revealing repressed longings among the uneasy staff of a small British aluminum import firm during a terrible economy.
June 12, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Housing discrimination persists in U.S. in more subtle ways, HUD report says
A new report finds that although blatant racial prejudice in real estate is declining, subtle forms persist.”
June 11, 2013 - Washington Post
- Paul Offit in International Herald Tribune
This becomes the fourth study to look for subtle signs of mercury toxicity and show the answer was 'no,'said Dr. Paul Offit, chief of infectious diseases at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, the author of a book on autism research and...
- Ricky Hatton in Times Online
Floyd has come in and given me a new lease of life,Hatton said. "He's slowed me down and given me a more subtle approach. I was up at 6am this morning, Floyd came to my house and I ran five miles around Gee Cross in Hyde with dumb bells in...
- Peter Chiarelli in The Associated Press
We've been going through this with a fine-toothed comb,Chiarelli said. "There's differences in their game, there's subtle differences in their personality. But they're really close."