- n sinking until covered completely with water
- v sink below the surface; go under or as if under water
- v cover completely or make imperceptible
- v put under water
- v fill or cover completely, usually with water
- Most organ centers handle kidneys pre-transplant by washing, then submerging them in a preservation solution and melting ice.
- Among the segments in the film is one in which Knoxville's friends administer paper cuts to the webbing of his feet and hands before submerging them in an aquarium full of .
- The tidal wave rolled on, submerging the neighboring village of Santuario (pop.
News & Articles
- Cat and owner swim for their lives in Canada flood
Photographer Jordan Verlage captured a dramatic sequence of photos Thursday as a river in Alberta overflowed its banks, submerging a truck as its driver — and his cat — swam for their lives.Don Patterson of the Okotoks Western Wheel reports:High River resident Kevan Yeats was driving his truck through water on Fifth Avenue. He misjudged how much water was on the road."The truck started to float ...
June 22, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Anote Tong in International Herald Tribune
If we are talking about our island states submerging in 10 years' time, we simply have to find somewhere else to go,Tong said at a news conference Monday ahead of a meeting of the 16-member South Pacific Forum.
- Kamal Nath in Times of India
If India is an emerging economy, the EU is a submerging economy,Nath said.
- Morrissey in Boston Globe (registration)
Hydraulic resistance is like submerging in water,Morrissey said. "The machines are safe, and the program is nonintimidating. It's basically teaching the kids to enjoy exercise at a young age."