- n the act of stylizing; causing to conform to a particular style
- Almost inevitably, great exercises in style deteriorate, through imitation and repetition, into mere stylization.
- In their stylization, codified roles, transvestite stars, rigid themes (which in Takarazuka's case is almost always boy and girl fall in love, conflict ensues and is resolved) and .
- Still, it seems like a gimmick: "realism" in a genre that depends on stylization for its very existence.
News & Articles
- Drake's 'Nothing Was the Same' Track List Features Jay Z's Hyphen
An edict went out on July 17: Jay-Z shall now be known as Jay Z . No hyphen. The Magna Carta Holy Grail rapper had been using the new stylization for years, but label sources reportedly made it official to Billboard 's editorial director...
Sept. 5, 2013 - Spin
- Theodor Adorno in New York Times
Whereas the philosopher Theodor Adorno warned, not long after the war, of the dangers of making art out of the Holocaust ("through aesthetic principles or stylization," he contended, "the unimaginable ordeal" is "transfigured and...
- Elliot Goldenthal in Los Angeles Times
Since we were working so closely with the same composers, in terms of source material, I didn't want to be influenced by it,Goldenthal said. "Their work as a band was brilliant and absolutely perfect in terms of their stylization of...
- Simon Callow in Back Stage
As Callow writes, "It is crucial to find the reality of these people and not attempt a cartoonlike theatrical stylization."