- n a striped mass of white and grey matter located in front of the thalamus in each cerebral hemisphere; consists of the caudate nucleus and the lenticular nucleus
- The ads that elicited little response in the ventral striatum, according to the UCLA study, included Robert Goulet 's turn as an office gremlin for Emerald Nuts and Sprint 's .
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder, for example, probably arises in the striatum, a part of the brain that controls voluntary movements.
- Appetite and hunger are processed in a lot of regions most notably the orbital frontal cortex, which is linked to self-control; the striatum, which is linked to motivation; the .
News & Articles
- Motivation Lacking For Many Marijuana Users
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Long-time marijuana smokers have a lack of motivation to work or pursue normal interests, according to a new study. Scientists at Imperial College London, University College London (UCL) and King's College London found long-term marijuana users tend to have lower levels of dopamine in a part of the brain called the striatum . They said this ...
July 1, 2013 - redOrbit
- Study: Long-term cannabis use may blunt the brain's motivation system
Researchers found that dopamine levels in a part of the brain called the striatum were lower in people who smoke more cannabis and those who began taking the drug at a younger age, according to ScienceDaily.com. The site reports the finding could explain why some cannabis users appear to lack motivation to work or pursue their normal interests.
July 1, 2013 - The Oklahoman
- Solomon Snyder in AFP
It's always been a mystery why, if the protein made by the HD gene is seen in all cells of the body, only the brain, and only a particular part of the brain, the corpus striatum, deteriorates,said Solomon Snyder, professor of neuroscience at...
- Miguel Nicolelis in WebWire (press release)
This suggests that the calorie-dependent release of dopamine in the ventral striatum has an impact on the response properties of populations of neurons in the same areasaid Miguel Nicolelis, professor in the Duke Departments of Neurobiology...