- n a lamp supported on a lamppost; for illuminating a street
- Hank knows a lot the number of men in an infantry, the way a blue car looks green under a yellow streetlight but he has much to learn about the effect of this war on today .
- The city streets are awash with neon in candy pink and pistachio green, and each streetlight is ringed by a delicate nimbus suggesting warm, humid tropical air.
- A resident of a building with a clear view of the area said he saw the pair on Wednesday evening as they passed under a streetlight toward the hospital.
- Marion Ross in Los Angeles Times
We would walk across the ice to go to the theater,Ross said in a recent interview. "Coming home it was dark and you would cross the frozen ice. I would be weeping and standing under the streetlight with the light coming down and snow would...
- Bruce Springsteen in New Brunswick Home News Tribune
My son (Evan) turned me onto them, and I started to follow them,Springsteen said. "They're great and (Streetlight lead singer Tomas Kalnoky's) acoustic side project (Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution) is great, too."
- Frank McCourt in Newsweek
We had nothing, no television, no radio, nothing to get in the way,McCourt said at one point. "We read by the streetlight at the top of the lane, and we acted out the stories. [My brother] Malachy and I would do PG Wodehouse, still do. But...