- v leave stranded or isolated with little hope of rescue
- v drive (a vessel) ashore
- v bring to the ground
- s cut off or left behind
several stranded fish in a tide pool
- Any beleaguered air traveler who has sat stranded in a terminal or worse yet, virtually held hostage on the tarmac as flights are delayed knows the feeling that things can .
- Some spotted stranded motorists, who had survived miraculously far from towns.
- William Alexander Osborne, dean of the faculty of medicine at the University of Melbourne, put this question to his learned colleagues: "Why do stranded whales die?".
News & Articles
- VIDEO: Stranded boaters making the best of a bad situation
WATERFORD — After nearly three weeks of being stranded at the Waterford Harbor Visitors Center due to flooding along the canal system, it’s beginning to feel a bit like the movie “Groundhog Day.”
June 28, 2013 - The Troy Record
- A real Cead Mile Failte as Irish rescue elderly American tourists stranded by volcano
A group of stranded American elderly tourists have paid tribute to the kindness of Irish strangers. The Americans were supposed to fly out of Ireland last Saturday but were stuck in Ireland after the volcano eruption in Iceland.
June 28, 2013 - Irish Central
- Tourists Stranded On Ice Floe Finally Make It Back To Shore
A group of tourists stranded on an ice floe in the Canadian Arctic have finally been rescued. According to ABC, the 20 tourists were camping just north of Arctic Bay, Nunavut on a large chunk of ice. The group was camping with the guide company Arctic Kingdom when the ice drifted away from the shore.... Read more » Tourists Stranded On Ice Floe Finally Make It Back To Shore is a post from: The ...
June 26, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- President Bush in Reuters
Airports are very crowded, travelers are being stranded and flights are being delayed, sometimes with a full load of passengers sitting on the runway for hours. These failures carry some real costs for the country,Bush said at the White House.
- Barack Obama in AFP
None of us can forget how we felt when those winds battered the shore, the floodwaters began to rise, and Americans were stranded on rooftops and in stadiums,Obama said Saturday.
- Phil Mickelson in Los Angeles Times
We'd get stranded at 13 or 14 and hike through the cavern or cliff and climb down it to get back to the car,Mickelson said. "Those are some of the fondest memories I have of my game."