maroon : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who is stranded (as on an island)
when the tide came in I was a maroon out there
- n a dark purplish-red to dark brownish-red color
- n an exploding firework used as a warning signal
- v leave stranded or isolated with little hope of rescue
the travellers were marooned
- v leave stranded on a desert island without resources
The mutinous sailors were marooned on an island
- s of dark brownish to purplish red
- These swift beasts wore his famed colorsscarlet, maroon sleeves, black capto victory.
- As usual, dark glasses were perched on his broken nose, but, instead of his customary open shirt, Lacson was soberly clad in a blue suit and maroon tie.
- But this is football in the most football-crazy city in India: over 100,000 boisterous Calcuttans fill the divided sides of the stadium, one half festooned in the maroon and green .
News & Articles
- Police seek Hyundai in fatal Bridgeport hit-and-run
Police on Tuesday said they are looking for a maroon Hyundai Sonata that fatally struck a woman in a Bridgeport hit-and-run last week. The car struck the woman -- identified by the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office as 21-year-old Carissa Hinz -- about 11 p.m. June 14 in the 3200 block of South Morgan Street, police said. Hinz, of the 3300 block of South Lowe Avenue, was dead on the scene ...
June 19, 2013 - Chicago Sun-Times
- Videos: (@KatlynnSimone) Katlynn Simone - Payphone (Maroon 5 Cover)
Along with her banging single “Let Me Go,” the 17-year-old also covered the Maroon 5 ft. Wiz Khalifa single “Payphone.”
June 18, 2013 - Singersroom
- Maroon 5 heats up TODAY plaza with hits, checks egos at the door
On a chilly June morning in New York, it's imperative that someone come along to heat up the throngs in the TODAY plaza. Fortunately, Maroon 5 were booked for Toyota Concert Series duties, and did just that on Friday -- playing three of their hits and chatting with the show's complement of hosts.The Grammy-winning band of James Valentine (guitar), Mickey Madden (bass), Matt Flynn (drums), and ...
June 14, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Mal Meninga in Herald Sun
Keen to make mileage from the Blues' crisis in the countdown to tomorrow night's Origin decider, Meninga said: "We pick sides basically on who is playing the best - and we talk about the Maroon jersey - as opposed to colours of skin."
- Chris Richardson in San Francisco Chronicle
It'll be a mixture of a Maroon 5 sound with a little bit of Jason Mraz,said Richardson, who also plays the guitar, drums and piano. "I love rock and roll but I have this soulful type voice and I just like to infuse both of them."
- Ashley Noffke in Brisbane Times
I'm obviously extremely disappointed that I won't be pulling on my maroon cap anymore but I'm also very thankful to the Warriors for the confidence they've shown in my ability and I certainly intend to repay their faith in me,Noffke said....