- n a person whose body is marked by religious stigmata (such as marks resembling the wounds of the crucified Christ)
- a pertaining to or resembling or having stigmata
- a pertaining to a lens or lens system free of astigmatism (able to form point images)
- a not astigmatic
- But she too is in hiding from a criminal past; her real name is Beate Pappenheim, a sham Bavarian stigmatic who, using her menstrual blood to simulate Christ's wounds on the cross .
- As recently as 1959 a newspaper expos showed that Georgia's only mental hospital, saddled with the stigmatic name of State Hospital for the Insane at Milledgeville, was a .
- She is a natural creature of obedience, stoic when the time comes to pin on the stigmatic yellow badge.