- n small (2-4 inches) pugnacious mostly scaleless spiny-backed fishes of northern fresh and littoral waters having elaborate courtship; subjects of much research
- Divers can explore the crystal-clear depths of the Silfra ravine, or the nearby lake that is home to uniquely evolved varieties of charr and stickleback.
- Seahorse meets other fish tending their eggsa stickleback, a tilapia, a Kurtus nurseryfish, a pipe and a bullhead catfish.
- There, in the freshwater ditches that crisscrossed the land, he would use a homemade net to scoop up salamanders, frogs, stickleback fish, eels and water insects.
News & Articles
- 2 teachers earn chance to work with top researchers
Tami Caraballo, a Glacier Peak high school teacher, won the Partners in Science award. Carole Tanner, a Jackson High School teacher, is studying the genetic basis of repeated evolution in stickleback fish (below) with Dr. Katie Peichel at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle.
Aug. 20, 2013 - Everett Herald