- n a slender tube inserted inside a tubular body part (as a blood vessel) to provide support during and after surgical anastomosis
- A few days later, doctors propped open the dangerously clogged blood vessel with a stent, thereby preventing what could have been a heart attack.
- Or it could expand into a stent, a device surgeons use to open blood vessels.
- After the balloon was deflated, the metal mesh of the stent was left in place to keep the artery open.
- William Hunter in Canada NewsWire (press release)
We are pleased that the innovative technology of the TAXUS Express2 stent is now available to physicians in Japan, offering them another treatment option with proven outcomes across a broad range of patients,said Dr. William Hunter, President...