statute : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an act passed by a legislative body
- s enacted by a legislative body
- The historic ruling, upholding a challenge to Georgia's restrictive abortion statute, will permit states to impose only minimal curbs on the right to abortion at will.
- The question of what defines favoritism in the statute under which the political leader is being tried has been an issue for the opposition party.
- The simple, 700-word occupation statute should have given the Germans a number of things to be grateful for.
News & Articles
- Changes Ahead For Nevada Wild Horses
Its always been against Nevada Law to feed Nevada's wild horses. But a brand new law, recently signed by the governor, puts teeth in the statute. It also puts in place cooperative agreements between Nevada's Agriculture Department and wild horse advocate groups.
June 20, 2013 - KOLO 8 Reno
- R-7 among districts proceeding with challenge of transfer statute
167.131 State statute in Missouri that allows students in unaccredited school districts to transfer to accredited schools at no expense to their families, while the failing district must pay for the student’s education cost and transportation.
June 19, 2013 - Lee's Summit Journal
- City argues new law will snarl NOPD detail reform
But the author of the statute says the city is only trying to squirm out of a federal consent decree that orders sweeping changes in the long-troubled New Orleans Police Department.
June 19, 2013 - New Orleans Times-Picayune
- Damian Green in BBC News
The justices were passing judgment on a federal statute used in the prosecution of [white-collar defendants]. It makes it a crime to deprive the public or one's employer or shareholders of the 'intangible right of honest services.' Although a... Ruth Bader Ginsburg http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruth_Bader_Ginsburg&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE_y12gmoT5rtusZg-Rxy_GhrG8uQ Washington Post (blog) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://voices.washingtonpost.com/economy-watch/2010/06/did_jeff_skilling_do_anything.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGp6qYe6KDdo0f-k0089iss3e9unQ Jun 24, 2010
94328 125371 statute Asked about the warning of life imprisonment on Newsnight, Mr Green said: I assume it's because it's a common law offence therefore because there is...... no law on the statute book which I was alleged to have broken, then presumably there is no...
- Charlie Crist in 10 Connects
What's important is that we have a law, a statute that governs 'don't ask, don't tell.' That's the policy of this department, and it's my responsibility to execute that policy as effectively as we can. As long as the law is what it is, that's what... Robert Gates http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Gates&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFwMzvv9yA0Jgg3hPgE3kWbNhetiA CNN http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/13/gays.military/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFt5Cbe2qLVGYHPm6FXyx-le1rJLA Mar 13, 2007
94330 125377 statutorily Politics has nothing to do with this," Crist said. "This has everything to do with doing what's right for a place that I love. I love Florida and I know it's already barred statutorily but I also know that just a year ago they tried to...