- n someone who runs a short distance at top speed
- At the 1936 Games in Berlin, sprinter Jesse Owens won the 100m gold with a blistering time of 10.
- Iraqi sprinter Dana Hussein, 21, was already discouraged a month ago.
- American sprinter Justin Gatlin, who ran a 9.
- Fabian Cancellara in The Associated Press
Sprints are never easy,Cancellara said. "They're psychologically very hard. Today, we saw a nice thing: After all the buzz around him â€” the young sprinter, the big mouth and all that â€” he's a real sprinter."
- Oscar Pistorius in Seattle Times
I've been chucked in the deep end with the best guys in the world,Pistorius said Tuesday. "There's a lot to learn. There never has been a Paralympic sprinter to fuse the gap between able-bodied and disabled sport. The next single amputee...