- n an ungainly posture with arms and legs spread about
- v sit or lie with one's limbs spread out
- v go, come, or spread in a rambling or irregular way
- s spreading out in different directions
- Ewing found that people in sprawling counties weighed more than those in more compact ones.
- Nintendo's most sprawling, elegant, epic franchise comes to its most compact handheld hardware.
- At Althorp, the Spencer-family estate in Northhampshire, England, you'll find sprawling acres of green, picturesque views and splendid architecture.
News & Articles
- Dodgers dump D-backs in brawl-marred game
LOS ANGELES -- As soon as Yasiel Puig went sprawling to the ground after getting drilled in the face by an Ian Kennedy fastball, it was on between the Los Angeles Dodgers and Arizona Diamondbacks.
June 12, 2013 - The SportsXchange via Yahoo! Sports
- Inside The Secretive Manhattan Dinner Party Where Deals Are Made
The scene: A sprawling, museum-like Upper West Side apartment. Massive. The rare Manhattan residence that you sincerely could get lost in. The winding halls are filled with fantastic wall-spanning works of cubist and modernist and other -ist art, broken up by more than a few giant bronze sculptures.
June 11, 2013 - Forbes
- 'Americanah' a sprawling novel on poisonous racism
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is a MacArthur Fellow and onetime Drexel University student who, as every available blurb says, "splits her time between Nigeria and the United States." Her brave, sprawling novel Americanah tackles the U.S. race complex with a directness and brio no U.S. writer of any color would risk.
June 10, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer