- n an aggregation or continuous network of urban communities
- n an ungainly posture with arms and legs spread about
- v sit or lie with one's limbs spread out
- v go, come, or spread in a rambling or irregular way
- Human sprawl threatens the habitat of most animal and plant species except for cockroaches, rats, pigeons, crabgrass and other organisms that .
- The plan has kept sprawl in check, but competition for limited space has made the city an expensive place to live.
- That means more sprawl, more traffic, more smog, more foreign oil and more carbon emissions, but the feds don't seem to care.
News & Articles
- After abuse, Sammy gets new leash on life
The prosperous sprawl that began in the '70s has stopped and the Morris County landscape will... - 12:22 pm
June 16, 2013 - Daily Record
- Colorado Forest Fire Produces Incredible Baseball Photo
I think you can probably call the game. The Black Forest fire has already become one of Colorado's most destructive. Two are dead, and 379 homes have been consumed. The fire had spread across 15,700 acres northeast of Colorado Springs, and 38,000 people have been evacuated. Pine Creek HS, on the edge of the Colorado Springs suburban sprawl, is just outside the evacuation zone. On Tuesday, Peter ...
June 14, 2013 - Deadspin
- Taking In Trails Of Tranquility
Twilight Tours led by founder Rob Alvey Amid the Long Island suburban sprawl lie nine vast acres of peace you wouldn’t expect. Here at the Garden City Bird Sanctuary (GCBS), nature enthusiasts and supporters recently came out for an inaugural Twilight Tour. Participants viewed portions of the reserve while enjoying refreshments and conversation around dusk. The Garden City Bird Sanctuary/Alvey ...
June 13, 2013 - Garden City Life
- Martell Webster in USA Today
I haven't even begun to show (my potential),Webster said. "How open is my mind to new things? I can tell you that it really is. I'm excited to see what this offense is going to be like. To see where I can fit in and really just sprawl out...
- Wayne Coyne in AHN
Somewhere along the way it occurred to me that we should do a double album,Lips frontman Wayne Coyne told Billboard.com. "Just this idea that you can kind of weave a couple of themes into there and you can sort of sprawl a little bit."
- John Dingell in Washington Post
Although Dingell said in a statement that he recognizes that new houses may be "more energy efficient" than older ones, "sheer size, sprawl and commutes lead to dramatically more energy use -- or to put it more simply, a larger carbon...