- n a piece of cutlery with a shallow bowl-shaped container and a handle; used to stir or serve or take up food
- n as much as a spoon will hold
he added two spoons of sugar
- n formerly a golfing wood with an elevated face
- v scoop up or take up with a spoon
spoon the sauce over the roast
- v snuggle and lie in a position where one person faces the back of the others
- To be born with a silver spoon in one's mouth, so goes the adage, is to be born assured of wealth.
- They are presented on a silver spoon or on a stick or in a tiny fluted glass, often with suggestions about how things should be eaten in one go, in separate bites or in a .
- On a deserted stretch of ocean shore, in an empty house, on a kitchen table, in a glass of milk, stood a shiny spoon.
News & Articles
- Menchie’s Rolls Out New Character Spoon
The wait is over…a new Menchie’s character spoon has arrived! North America’s largest self-serve frozen yogurt franchise released their limited edition cow character spoon, Mookie,
June 11, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- In the Know: What's going into former Silver Spoon Cafe in Waterside Shops?
The Silver Spoon Cafe closed in March after operating in Waterside Shops for more than 20 years. New retailers are coming soon to that space.
June 10, 2013 - Naples Daily News
- Racing back up on top at Spoon River Speedway
One week after heavily damaging his primary UMP Modified car at Spoon River Speedway, three-time defending track champion Butch Weisser went to his backup, and went right back up to the front on Saturday night at Spoon River Speedway. Weisser, who ran his backup chasis twice at other tracks in the last week, outdueled Erik Bruce in a thrilling 20-lap feature at the 3/8-mile high-banked clay oval ...
June 10, 2013 - Peoria Journal Star
- Oprah Winfrey in San Diego Union Tribune
Winfrey said she chose "every brick tile, sheet and spoon," because "if you are surrounded by beautiful things and wonderful teachers who inspire you, that beauty brings out the beauty in you."
- Brad Childress in ABC News
We're going to challenge him,Childress said. "It's not like we're going to spoon feed him."
- Tom Coughlin in The Star-Ledger - NJ.com
I often turn to him for advice and the most impressive thing is that he actually knows the guys, like Ben Harper, one of my favourite singers. I once asked him if he knew Spoon, I meant the music, and he said: 'Oh yeah, the singer is my best... Manuel Quinziato http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Quinziato&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEpIak3bfasBWV7nV5xBSHa4ZkzIQ Reuters Africa http://www.google.com/url?q=http://af.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idAFJOE6680P820100709&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNENfvW-N9WYtFJsfUffmVWFDbTDgA Jul 9, 2010
93445 124203 spoonfeed We're going to spoonfeed it back," Coughlin said.