- n a woodworker who joins pieces of wood with a splice
- n a worker who splices ropes together by interweaving strands
- n a mechanical device for joining two pieces of paper or film or magnetic tape
- Kappel soon ran the gamut of line-crew jobs from splicer to circuit tester, by 1934 was a full-fledged engineer in the Nebraska-South Dakota area.
- Now, with funds from the Knights of Columbus, Daly and Donnelly have eight electric cameras going at the Vatican, as well as two big developers, a printer and an electric splicer.
- Ever since their flickering beginnings, movies have been fair game for the scissors and splicer.