- n the belief in magical spells that harness occult forces or evil spirits to produce unnatural effects in the world
- In choosing Rowling as the reigning dreamer of our era, we have chosen a writer who dreams of a secular, bureaucratized, all-too-human sorcery, in which psychology and technology .
- There has always been about lithography a touch of sorcery, and perhaps no man has ever described this more succinctly than Goethe in 1823.
- In essence, Castaneda's books are the story of how a European rationalist was initiated into the practice of Indian sorcery.
News & Articles
- NEWS: Nathan Vella of Capybara Games: Nintendo Making a Big Move to Get Indie Games on Wii U
The Sword & Sorcery developer has some good news for indie game fans. In an interview with VG24/7, Nathan Vella of Capybara Games (Super Time Force, Sword & Sorcery) said that he's seen "Nintendo making a big move to try and get smaller, unique, independent games on Wii U." He goes on to say that they're reaching out to developers, and although they're "playing catch up," they're putting forth ...
June 11, 2013 - Nintendo World Report
- Papua New Guinea faulted on handling of sorcery killings
CANBERRA, Australia, June 7 (UPI) -- Papua New Guinea has an obligation to protect women from violence and killings involving sorcery, the U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights said Friday.
June 7, 2013 - UPI
- Guillermo del Toro in Salon
Here's what Guillermo del Toro told me four years ago, in an interview at Cannes after the premiere of "Pan's Labyrinth": "I don't like little guys and dragons, hairy feet, hobbits -- I've never been into that at all. I don't like sword and sorcery,...
- Jordan Mechner in Computer Graphics World
I was looking for a universe that hadn't yet been done in video games,says Mechner. "The early days of video games were like the early days of cinema. We looked to previously established genres, like sword-and-sorcery and science fiction,...
- Justin Smiley in The News-Press
A lot of people didn't want to give us credit (for beating New England),left guard Justin Smiley said. "They were saying we won with trickery and sorcery and all kinds of whatever. This week, we just lined up and played football and we won...