soothsaying : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the art or gift of prophecy (or the pretense of prophecy) by supernatural means
- Promptly invited to perform, he responded in the ripe soothsaying tradition of telling the customers what they want to hear.
- Riches and power were heaped on him by the Sultan, who took his soothsaying advice as gospel, but Omar was not much upset when his royal patron died and took his favor with him.
- It may be possible to imagine three cackling witches in India's teeming megalopolis, but Bhardwaj chooses to replace them with a pair of corrupt, soothsaying cops who get their .
News & Articles
- Alshon Jeffery Should Be Pumping Gas According to Formerly Employed Lane Kiffin
Lane Kiffin once told Alshon Jeffery that he would be pumping gas if he decided not to attend Tennessee, so add soothsaying to the things Kiffin can't do. Business Insider's Cork Gaines (h/t SportsGrid ) had his memory jogged by one fantastic catch reeled in by the Bears' Jeffery in Chicago's 45-28 pummeling of the Cowboys on Monday night. At some point, we presume, Gaines thought, that ...
Dec. 10, 2013 - Bleacher Report