- a quantifier; used with either mass nouns or plural count nouns to indicate an unspecified number or quantity
have some milk
some roses were still blooming
having some friends over
- s relatively much but unspecified in amount or extent
we talked for some time
he was still some distance away
- s relatively many but unspecified in number
they were here for some weeks
we did not meet again for some years
- s remarkable
that was some party
she is some skier
- r (of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct
some forty people came
- To get oil exploration in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge through the House, supporters cited some suspect numbers.
- Moreover, in the past two weeks, European investigators have linked Reid to some of the best-known terrorist cells on the continent.
- If we're really going to make some headway on the health issue, we need to start early, not late stage.
News & Articles
- Some say keep Niabi elephants at all cost
Some Quad-Citians say Niabi Zoo should keep ailing elephants Babe and Sophie at any cost.
June 18, 2013 - Quad-City Times
- Some tax increases may go away, hint DFL lawmakers
Some Minnesota businesses affected by a new sales tax expansion are complaining loudly about the recently passed law, and they want to see parts of it repealed next year. Businesses in warehousing services are concerned they will face a significant competitive disadvantage when the pending sales tax takes effect.
June 18, 2013 - Minnesota Public Radio
- Some States Have Second Thoughts About Refusing Medicaid Expansion
Watch Video | Listen to the Audio JUDY WOODRUFF: Now: why some Republican governors who have been vocally opposed to Obamacare are having second thoughts about walking away from an expansion of Medicaid. Hari Sreenivasan is back with that story. HARI SREENIVASAN: Medicaid is a crucial piece of the health reform law and its goal of providing new coverage to 30 million Americans. Roughly 13 ...
June 18, 2013 - The Online NewsHour
- Dwyane Wade in Technorati (blog)
I'm happy Micky Arison is my owner. I couldn't believe it. I'm speechless. It's very unfortunate and I think it makes LeBron that much better about his decision. We knew 'Bron would take some backlash,Wade added in his interview with AP....
- Larry King in ABC News
Before I start the show tonight, I want to share some personal news with you,he said. "Twenty-five years ago, I sat across this table from New York Gov. Mario Cuomo for the first broadcast of 'Larry King Live.' Now, decades later, I talked...
- Alistair Darling in Times Online
I want to make it clear that we will do whatever it takes not only to stabilise the system but to help going forward, and that means perhaps some pretty big steps that we wouldn't take in ordinary times,Mr Darling said.