sodium : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group; occurs abundantly in natural compounds (especially in salt water); burns with a yellow flame and reacts violently in water; occurs in sea water and in the mineral halite (rock salt)
- Over three one-week periods, the children were randomly assigned to consume one of three fruit drinks daily: one contained the amount of dye and sodium benzoate typically found in .
- Salsa 10 calories 75 mg of sodium 0 g of fat FACT: A national favorite, it's low in calories--and when eaten in moderation, low in sodium too.
- A carefully designed study published in the British journal the Lancet shows that a variety of common food dyes and the preservative sodium benzoate--an ingredient in many soft .
News & Articles
- Scientists develop long-lasting batteries from wood and sodium
We’ve seen different battery innovations popup this year, such as the microbatteries revealed back in April that are as powerful as they are small. The latest one to surface, however, is environmentally friendly, using tin, wood, and sodium to create a battery with an extremely long life cycle, able to be charged hundreds of times Read The Full Story
June 20, 2013 - SlashGear
- Pizza: The biggest single contributor of sodium to the American diet?
Pizza was the single biggest contributor of sodium to the diet of young Americans in the period 2003-2008 according to a new analysis of dietary intake data from the government’s National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES).
June 19, 2013 - Food Navigator USA
- Research and Markets: Sodium Cyanide Report - World Market Outlook and Forecast up to 2017
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Sodium Cyanide: 2012 World Market Outlook and Forecast up
June 18, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Ken Yeager in AFP
This ordinance prevents restaurants from preying on children's love of toys to peddle high-calorie, high-fat, high-sodium kids meals,said Ken Yeager, the county supervisor behind the ban. "This ordinance breaks the link between unhealthy...
- Casey Stoner in AFP
We didn?t expect to do this well and in fact up until a week and a half ago I still had similar problems to those I had two months ago,said Stoner, whose Ducati was just 6.2sec behind race winner Jorge Lorenzo. "It was only a sodium diet...
- Drew Barrymore in Contactmusic.com
And Barrymore agrees, adding, "You think people tell the truth about themselves? Every guy is six foot, four inches with a huge s**long. That's why people love it so much. Internet does not equal sodium pentothal (Polaroid pictures)."