- n the branch of biology that conducts comparative studies of the social organization of animals (including human beings) with regard to its evolutionary history
- Hrdy believes that the answer lies in the theory of sociobiology, which holds that each organism is engaged in a one-against-all struggle to get as many of its genes as possible .
- SOCIOBIOLOGY: A New Theory of Behavior .
- COLLINS: There is a whole field of inquiry that has come up in the last 30 or 40 years--some call it sociobiology or evolutionary psychology--relating to where we get our moral .
News & Articles
- Veeries very quiet when owls are about
( Springer ) If you hear an owl hooting at dusk, don't expect to catch the flute-like song of a Veery nearby. This North American thrush has probably also heard the hoots, and is singing much less to ensure that it does not become an owl's next meal. A new study, published in Springer's journal Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology, provides insights into just how eavesdropping between predators ...
July 30, 2013 - EurekAlert!