- a marked by or emitting or filled with smoke
a smoky fireplace
a smoky corridor
- s tasting of smoke
- Between Manhattan and smoky Queens lies a thin strip of grey land with grey buildings in the middle of the sludgy grey waters of the East River.
- In smoky Belgrade rock clubs, 2002 is already looking like a summer of dub.
News & Articles
- Great American Energy, Inc. Announces Completion of Gravity Survey on Nevada-Based Big Smoky Valley Lithium Project
Great American Energy, Inc. announces the completion of a Gravity Survey on the Company's 7,680-acre Big Smoky Valley Lithium Project.
July 1, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Smokies searches take time, money and talent
One of four college freshmen snowed in at Derrick Knob shelter is lifted into a Army National Guard Black Hawk helicopter on March 9, 2005, in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The students were on a spring-break excursion and were rescued after spending two wet, freezing nights huddled in the shelter.
July 1, 2013 - Asheville Citizen-Times
- A moving ‘Liar’s Bench’ performance
Editor’s note: Marie Cochran attended the production of the “Liar’s Bench” on June 20 at the Mountain Heritage Center on the WCU campus and wrote this review for The Smoky Mountain News.
July 1, 2013 - Smoky Mountain News
- Barry Axelrod in Forbes
It's dark and smoky here,Axelrod said. "I think we're all going to be fine."
- Lee Kernaghan in The West Australian
Smoky Dawson was much more than one of Australian country music's greatest pioneers - he was a legend in every sense of the word,Kernaghan said.
- Heath Shuler in Durham Herald Sun
Shuler said Wednesday that the settlement "will maintain the undisturbed wilderness of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and save the American taxpayers millions of dollars."