- n a sailing vessel with a single mast set about one third of the boat's length aft of the bow
- He spent much time sailing alone, or with a few intimates, or with some of the Kennedy children, often lying on his sloop and staring at the sky.
- Jacques Le Brun, skipper of a French monotype sloop, protested to the judges that an Italian boat had failed to give him sea room at the start of the ninth race.
- The sloop must show a profit two years out of five, but in the years when it loses money, the losses, including interest payments, insurance and upkeep, are deductible from .
News & Articles
- VIDEO: Strawberries, music draw crowds to Beacon festival
The Beacon Sloop Club is 1,200 pounds of strawberries lighter - and as much as $10,000 closer toward a full restoration of its iconic sloop, the Woody Guthrie.
June 10, 2013 - Poughkeepsie Journal
- VIDEO: Strawberry festival draws crowds in Beacon
The annual Beacon Sloop Club Strawberry Festival runs until 5 p.m. today at Riverfront Park.
June 9, 2013 - Poughkeepsie Journal
- Eastern Pender fire departments to merge
PENDER COUNTY, NC (WWAY) -- Several fire departments in the eastern part of Pender County will merge. Hampstead, Sloop Point and Long Creek Grady departments will join together with Pender Volunteer EMS and rescue to form a new non-profit corporation. Pender EMS Chief Woody Sullivan says the merger was the idea of the departments involved and was not forced by the county. "The most important ...
June 6, 2013 - WWAY 3 Wilmington
- Dan Zanes in Houston Chronicle
It only takes 10 minutes to learn how to play Sloop John B or Jamaica Farewell,Zanes says. "And people are realizing they can make their own music. It's not that complicated. When you play your own songs, that's when the whole thing comes...