- s blindly imitative
a slavish copy of the original
- s abjectly submissive; characteristic of a slave or servant
slavish devotion to her job ruled her life
a slavish yes-man to the party bosses"- S.H.Adams
- Fears about a Wall Street fad Wall Street can be as slavish in following a financial trend as clothing designers are in copying fashion changes.
- They do not seem to care how Khrushchev's expose affects foreign Communist leaders wholiving under no "reign of terror" in their own countrieshad no excuse for their slavish .
- Only a slavish sycophant like Herbert can take what was unquestionably a bumbling, error-filled week for Obama and recast it as the work of a political Bobby Fischer.
News & Articles
- Generationals’ Heza showcases their effortless melodies
Generationals – Heza Polyvinyl ???? Deftly refracting a surprising number of lively styles through a crisp ’80s alt-pop lens, New Orleans’ Generationals are more smartly referential than they are slavish. An organic merger of electronics and clean rock instrumentation, this third LP has a more elegantly contained bounce and is their most hi-fi outing yet. What emerges is their accuracy ...
June 25, 2013 - Orlando Weekly
- Eoin Colfer in Telegraph.co.uk
Speaking about Adams, Colfer told The Guardian: "I would hope he had a little giggle and would enjoy the respectful but not slavish way I have entered his universe...... I don't think he would be disgusted."
- Mike Rumbles in BBC News
Mike Rumbles, the Liberal Democrat chief whip, said: "I'm delighted that Alex Neil's ultra loyalty has finally been rewarded. The lesson of this reshuffle is that slavish adoration of the first minister pays dividends."
- LK Advani in Hindu
Congress party has surrendered itself to a slavish culture in which the reigning dynasty never does wrong and is never responsible or accountable for any failure,Advani alleged.