- n (formerly) a writing tablet made of slate
- n thin layers of rock used for roofing
- n a fine-grained metamorphic rock that can be split into thin layers
- n a list of candidates nominated by a political party to run for election to public offices
- v designate or schedule
He slated his talk for 9 AM
She was slated to be his successor
- v enter on a list or slate for an election
He was slated for borough president
- v cover with slate
slate the roof
- A: The state must officially select its slate of 25 electors by December 12.
- A blank slate is not enough.
- He's also getting serious as a producer, with a slate that reflects a surprising range of interests for an Oklahoma-born Sigma Chi frat boy.
News & Articles
- Criterion Announces September Slate, Highlighting Ingrid Bergman in Films from Roberto Rossellini and Ingmar Bergman
For September, the theme of the Criterion Collection's slate seems to be actor Ingrid Bergman. Criterion will introduce the deluxe box set "3 Films by Roberto Rossellini Starring Ingrid Bergman," a trio of intensely dramatic collaborations between the game-changing Italian director and one of Hollywood's greatest stars, who would later become his wife. The much-anticipated release features ...
June 18, 2013 - indieWIRE
- Lightning or wind damaged slate roof on Portsmouth City Hall
PORTSMOUTH — A fast-moving hail, rain and wind storm that tumbled tree limbs and flooded neighborhoods Monday afternoon, also damaged a portion of the slate roof on City Hall, said Public Works Director Peter Rice.
June 18, 2013 - Portsmouth Herald
- GE Capital and Slate’s Roadshow for Growth Comes to Detroit
GE Capital and Slate’s Roadshow for Growth rolls into Detroit today as part of a six-month, 20-city tour that will address the issues of middle market businesses, a sector that generates $9 trillion in annual revenue and accounts for nearly 34% of total U.S.
June 17, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance