- n a thin strip (wood or metal)
- v equip or bar with slats
- v close the slats of (windows)
- For a while he was a slat-painter in a venetian-blind factory.
- He was later found frozen "stiff as a slat" in a snowdrift.
- Made of magnesium (aluminum proved too costly), the new, non-splintering, un-warpable slat travels a hot 10% faster than hickory on a 20 slope, is just as flexible.
News & Articles
- Hog Slat Chamber’s Member of Week
Courtesy photo The Chamber’s Member of the Week is Hog Slat, Inc. Hog Slat, Inc. is a family-owned business engaged in many aspects of hog and poultry production. A few of the company’s involvem...
June 20, 2013 - Sampson Independent
- AJ Liebling in Toronto Star
I n pronouncing on the plight of the press in 1961, the incisive American essayist AJ Liebling wrote that newspapers are "the weak slat under the bed of democracy."