- n one who attacks the reputation of another by slander or libel
- One fable is The Slanderer and the Snake.
- Solzhenitsyn has already been expelled from the Writers' Union, denounced as a malicious slanderer, and told to go live in the West.
- Bulgakov, who died in 1940, is officially described in the Soviet Encyclopaedia as "a slanderer of Soviet reality.
- Alvaro Uribe in International Herald Tribune
To be a mediocre guerrilla and such a lucid slanderer speaks very poorly of the character of the guerrilla,Uribe said in a speech in the Caribbean city of Cartagena, referring to Petro's time in the now-defunct leftist rebel group M-19.
- John Chrysostom in Virtue Online
Here is what St. John Chrysostom tells us: "Don't tell me I would be a slanderer only if I lied. I'm committing no slander if I tell the truth. This is a grievous error. Speaking evil of others even if the evil would be true is always a crime....
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan in Turk.Net
We will solve it despite the ill-tempered, slanderer, and hindering opposition, exploiters and the conflict lobby,said Erdogan.