- n a plant fiber used for making rope
- n Mexican or West Indian plant with large fleshy leaves yielding a stiff fiber used in e.g. rope
- Personally, I prefer one-inch sisal for the job.
- Magloire's most obvious money-makers were companies that manufactured soap, cement and sisal bags.
- Upriver come cotton, sulphur and scrap from the South, coffee and sisal from Latin America.
- St Timothy in Express from The Washington Post (blog)
I have customers who come in and say they have a 15-by-15 room, which their condo laws require them to cover. But they don't have $10,000 to spend,says Timothy Worrell. "Go get a sisal from Pottery Barn and come here to get a small rug for...