- n an oral lipid-lowering medicine (trade name Zocor) administered to reduce blood cholesterol levels; recommended after heart attacks
- Simvastatin came off patent in 2006, and these results suggest that the generic form of simvastatin may be as effective as the more expensive Vytorin.
- In addition, half received daily doses of simvastatin, while the rest took a placebo.
- After investigators showed that both simvastatin and pravastatin (Pravachol) could cut the number of first heart attacks among those with high cholesterol, doctors assumed that all .
News & Articles
- Studies establish Lipitor diabetes link
“Statin therapy was associated with 14 percent increased risk of type 2 diabetes” and “[i]nitiating atorvastatin and simvastatin was associated with increased risk of type 2 diabetes.” Those results were contained in a Harvard School of Public Health study of U.K. medical records. The study’s findings appeared in the May 2013 edition of the journal Diabetes Care. That result compounds the impact ...
June 27, 2013 - Injury Board
- Pope Benedict XVI in Herald.ie
GRAVITY will, for the first time, examine the effects of adding ezetimibe to low dose CRESTOR and to simvastatin in a head-to-head clinical trial setting, to see which of these treatment options achieves the greatest LDL-C lowering benefits. We... BjÃ¶rk http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bj%C3%B6rk&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGi3uL7B8w22b7nNrAz-EfRSVbZHg Ad-Hoc-News (Pressemitteilung) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.ad-hoc-news.de/Marktberichte/en/13159672/AstraZeneca-Announces-First-Patient-Enrolled-in&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFh2oV409O-aBMWhshnG-o9F55EtA Sep 6, 2007
90236 120128 sin He said: Today the greatest persecution of the church does not come from outside, but from the sin inside the church itself. The church thus has a deep need to relearn penance, to accept purification, to learn on the one hand forgiveness but also...