silverpoint : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a drawing made on specially prepared paper with an instrument having a silver tip (15th and 16th centuries)
- With a silverpoint pen, Biddle works on paper treated with whiting to abrade the silver.
- There the Legate was sketched by the court artist, Matre Jean Foucquet, who etched his subject's fleshy, self-assured features in silverpoint on a small piece of cream-colored .
- The drawings begin vigorously and experimentally, turn precise and dry, explore and finish the possibilities of silverpoint, then drop silverpoint entirely, solve the problems .
News & Articles
- Aj Smith, Marjorie Williams-Smith
Silverpoint drawings by Aj Smith and Marjorie Williams-Smith , two of Arkansas's biggest talents, are on exhibit at Hearne Fine Art in a show called "Reflections in Silver." The gallery will be open for 2nd Friday Art Night tonight, 5-8 p.m. The silverpoint technique, making the finest of lines with a silver or other metal stylus on reactive paper, allows the artist to create portraits (as Aj ...
June 14, 2013 - Arkansas Times