- Though she has been sightless since the age of 12, Sabriye Tenberken has never lost her vision.
- Though the housewife has been sightless less than a year, she has already developed incredibly acute hearing and a sixth sense of unseen danger.
- Mountaineers scoffed at the notion that Erik Weihenmayer, sightless since he was 13, could climb Everest.
News & Articles
- American Players Theatre's Molly Sweeney shows what's lost when a blind woman gains sight
Even if Hamlet isn't your thing, this season's Molly Sweeney (through Sept. 28) just might be. This play by Brian Friel is composed of monologues written for three actors, which tell the story of a blind Irish woman rendered mostly sightless at a young age. Molly (Colleen Madden) is far from discouraged by her blindness. She's confident, ebullient and bold, sucking up life's tactile wonders with ...
June 16, 2013 - Isthmus
- Colin Powell in Consortium News
He lay on his back, gazing up at us with sightless eyes,Powell wrote. "I felt nothing, certainly not sympathy. I had seen too much death and suffering on our side to care anything about what happened on theirs."
- Brian Burke in Daily Breeze
I'm groping around like a sightless person,Burke said, "because I'm not sure what I'm looking for."
- Jimmy Carter in North County Times
When we come onstage, a musician who can see always leads the parade. Not all stages are shaped exactly the same, and we might have a problem if one of us who is sightless were to file in first,Carter explained.