shogun : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a hereditary military dictator of Japan; the shoguns ruled Japan until the revolution of 1867-68
- Yukio Hatoyama comes to office with much praised Cabinet choices, but political observers worry that his party's shadow shogun may try to exercise too much influence.
- Persecuted by the shogun, they still worship a "closetgod"On the picturesque Japanese island of Ikitsuki, where the ways of farmers and fishermen die hard, two old.
- The shogun's court at Edo received various dispatches from pairs of strong-legged runners, one of whom carried state documents in a lacquered box while the other bore a lantern .
News & Articles
- Nelvana Funds 2 Western-Exclusive Beyblade Sequel Series
Beyblade: Shogun Steel to air this fall followed by 2 new series
June 14, 2013 - Anime News Network
- UFC 161: Most Underrated Fights on this Weekend's Card
Despite the loss of its co-main event, UFC 161 is heading for Winnipeg with a solid card. While the losses of Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Shogun Rua , Eddie Wineland and Renan Barao took away star power, this weekend’s event makes up for it with a card of solid fights that look to be entertaining. The main event between Rashad Evans and Dan Henderson will obviously take most of the media attention ...
June 14, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Cole Miller vs. Manny Gamburyan scheduled for UFC on FOX Sports 1
A featherweight bout between TUF 5 alumni Cole Miller and Manny Gamburyan has been scheduled for the fight card of UFC on FOX Sports 1. UFC officials announced the bout late Tuesday night. UFC on FOX Sports 1 takes place August 17, 2013 at the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. A light heavyweight bout between Chael Sonnen and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua headlines the night's stacked main card. After ...
June 12, 2013 - SB Nation
- Lyoto Machida in Sherdog.com
â€¢ Asked if he might have underestimated Rua in their first match, Machida stated that he never undersells an opponent: "I never underestimated Shogun. I knew he was a tough fighter, and as you can see, it was a very tough fight. I never...
- Dana White in Edmonton Sun
I thought Shogun won the fight,said White. "It drives me crazy when these guys put in so much time, work and effort into training for these fights and then go out and fight like that and not get the right call."
- Chuck Liddell in Canada.com
I'm very excited about fighting Shogun,Liddell said. "It's another step in getting back my title. I'm going to hit him hard and I plan on knocking him out."