- n a weak and tremulous light
the shimmer of colors on iridescent feathers
- v shine with a weak or fitful light
Beech leaves shimmered in the moonlight
- v give off a shimmering reflection, as of silk
- There are villages without power, water, health clinics or schools; pipelines that scar the earth; oil slicks that shimmer on rivers; flares that blaze bright and loud, burning off .
- The golden spires of Putrajaya, Malaysia's new administrative capital, shimmer in the tropical heat.
- From yonder comes a babilicous swimmer who "in a silent silver shimmer" plants a wet one right on pout-pout's snout, turning "his dreary-wearies" into "cheery-cheeries" just like .
News & Articles
- Puppet supervisor engineers 'Lion King' magic
One of the unique aspects of the musical of "The Lion King" is that all the stage magic - the ways that human actors turn into everything from elephants to anthills, or how a rising sun can seem to shimmer in the desert heat - is out in the open.
June 9, 2013 - Tulsa World
- Jaap de Hoop Scheffer in EasyBourse.com
There is not a shimmer of a chance that NATO could or would be negotiated away. That's totally out of the question. We are quite happy with the security structure as it exists in Europe,said Scheffer, at a press conference with Georgian...
- Dave Prazak in Earthtimes (press release)
Dave Prazak of Shimmer, a leading all-female wrestling promotion, says, "Online video has played an integral part in the success of Shimmer! With business partners like ClickWrestle, we've been able to reach a lot of new fans and increase our profit...
- Rabindranath Tagore in openPR (press release)
Let the splendor of the diamond, pearl and ruby vanish like the magic shimmer of the rainbow. Only let this one teardrop, the Taj Mahal, glisten spotlessly bright on the cheek of timeis what Nobel Prize winner Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore said...