- s (used of conduct or character) deserving or bringing disgrace or shame
a shameful display of cowardice
- s giving offense to moral sensibilities and injurious to reputation
the wicked rascally shameful conduct of the bankrupt"- Thackeray
- It is shameful and downright perverse for the McCain campaign to use a bill that was written to protect young children from sexual predators as a recycled and discredited .
- The savior admired by his own as he dragged them into his madness, the Satan and exterminating angel feared and hated by all others, Hitler led his people to a shameful defeat .
- Down and Out: Europe has a shameful secret homelessness is at a half-century high Story of My Life Drama is increasingly being used as a way to help the homeless.
News & Articles
- Editorial: A missed opportunity to curb military sexual assault
That American soldiers are subjected to sexual assault and harassment by their fellow soldiers is shameful. That such incidents are on the rise is something worse. So we're not sure what to make of a move by Sen. Carl Levin, a Michigan Democrat, to kill an amendment that advocates say could help protect men and women in service.
June 15, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- N.C. poverty is real, grim and deserves attention
Not everyone will agree that the Moral Monday protests that have brought thousands to the state Capitol recently, and resulted in more than 350 arrests, are the right course to air grievances against policies of the N.C. legislature. Yet the protests are shining a light on something shameful in this state – a problem this legislature, and previous ones, have largely ignored: the dire condition ...
June 15, 2013 - The Charlotte Observer
- 'Shameful': Syria accuses US of lying over chemical weapons to justify joining war
LONDON -- Syria said Friday that the United States was lying about the regime's use of chemical weapons, while Russia called the claims unconvincing as the two-year-old conflict took a dramatic new turn."The United States, in resorting to a shameful use of pretexts in order to allow President Obama's decision to arm the Syrian opposition, shows that it has flagrant double standards in the way it ...
June 14, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Joe Barton in ABC News
If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our 'motivation' to previously unknown and previously never... Dan Gilbert http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Gilbert_(businessman)&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH-TM6RaWMMgvMRno_6aG8SGI5Jpg Reuters http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6680PI20100709&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGjlJir-KKJZGYS9A2HrAPKrIZSuw Jul 8, 2010
88840 118470 shameful What is shameful is that Joe Barton seems to have more concern for big corporations that caused this disaster than the fishermen, small business owners and communities whose lives have been devastated by the destruction," according to the...
- David Plouffe in Ninemsn
On the very day that Senator Clinton is giving a speech about restoring respect for America in the world, her campaign has engaged in the most shameful, offensive fear-mongering we've seen from either party in this election,said Obama...