- s expressing offensive reproach
- s (used of conduct or character) deserving or bringing disgrace or shame
an opprobrious monument to human greed
- He sings an opprobrious song, As we go along, Working in Wall Street bailout wonderland.
- The use of opprobrious terms to describe a church will not make new friends for your magazine, and it may lose many.
- Its Associate Editor Walter Hart Blumenthal last February flayed the Crowell company for perpetrating Roget's opprobrious connotations of the word Jew: cunning, usurer, rich .