shaker : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who wields power and influence
a shaker of traditional beliefs
movers and shakers in the business world
- n a member of Christian group practicing celibacy and communal living and common possession of property and separation from the world
- n a container in which something can be shaken
- Launched by lawyer and tech investor Michael Arrington in 2005, TechCrunch became one of the world's most popular blogs by reporting on the movers and shakers of Silicon Valley.
- In the midst of these coming storms, look for these 12 movers and shakers.
- In a new home for the deaf at Gorlitz, Silesia, to warn the inmates of fire, every mattress was equipped with a shaker, electrically agitated.