- n an economic condition that results in the elimination of marginally financed participants in an industry
they glutted the market in order to cause a shakeout of their competitors
- Will Singapore see an Internet shakeout? .
- This year's takings are down as people pare back their discretionary dining spending, and that, together with surging food prices and tight credit markets, suggests a shakeout in .
- The bull market, after almost three months of uninterrupted climb, was jolted by the worst shakeout since the start of the Korean war.
News & Articles
- Raymond James analysts bullish on self-storage
Self-storage companies got a boost in Monday trading as Raymond James upgraded the sector, saying that a shakeout in the broader real estate investment trust market is providing an opportunity to invest ...
June 17, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Jeff Fisher in KTVU.com
As I've said, I have not had any issues with his play on Sundays. It's hard to quantify,said Fisher. "He always has a chance for putting the ball in the end zone as a punt returner. He participated in the shakeout. He joined the defense in...
- Stephen Roach in Bloomberg
China cannot count on a surge in exports to sustain growth kick started by a $586 billion stimulus package "because external demand -- courtesy of what is likely to be a multiyear shakeout due to the overextension of American consumer -- is not...
- Joe Manchin in Daily Mail - Charleston
Like every other state, we won't escape financial losses from this shakeout,Manchin said. "But we're in good shape to handle it."