- n a republic on the Seychelles islands; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1976
- n a group of about 90 islands in the western Indian Ocean to the north of Madagascar
News & Articles
- Seychelles offers oil/gas exploration blocks, new rules in place
By George Thande VICTORIA (Reuters) - Seychelles has invited oil and gas companies to bid for exploration blocks, ending a two-year moratorium and introducing new rules for bidders after completing a review of laws regulating the sector. East Africa has become a focus for exploration after oil discoveries in Uganda and Kenya as well as natural gas finds in Tanzania and Mozambique. Seychelles is ...
June 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- James Michel in Forimmediaterelease.net (press release)
The Portuguese air force surveillance operation is very important for the Seychelles anti-piracy effort as we rely on the data to intercept pirates. This has proved to be a very productive operation,said President Michel.
- Nick Graham in PhysOrg.com
Lead researcher Nick Graham, of Newcastle University's School of Marine Science and Technology, said: "We have shown there has been very little recovery in the reef system of the inner Seychelles islands for seven years after the 1998 coral...
- Sanjay Kapoor in Frontline
Asked whether Bharti Airtel has the technology to offer 3G mobile services, Kapoor said, "We as an operator have 3G services in Seychelles. Our license for Sri Lanka is for 3G services as well and by the time 3G services are launched in India we...