- n the excessive expression of tender feelings, nostalgia, or sadness in any form
- n a predilection for sentimentality
- Without falling into sentimentalism we had our work to do we developed relationships and made friends.
- It had degenerated into a superficial sentimentalism, dominated "by wishes which were taken for facts" and by "the widespread conviction .
- The Big Game was again something to anticipate, prepare for, and seein a slight haze induced by sentimentalism, alcohol, and the sight of thousands of chrysanthemums on fur .
News & Articles
- Film Review: In a World…
In a World… | A- Juicy parts for actresses can be scarce in the best of times, but in the 3-D, blockbuster-franchise-obsessed summer season, women are all too often reduced to eye candy or hapless victims. The only place leading ladies fare worse are in romantic comedies, a genre that has largely devolved into a muddle of pratfalls, cartoonish sexual politics and hyper-sentimentalism. What ...
Aug. 23, 2013 - Detroit Metro Times