- s characteristic of those having an inflated idea of their own importance
- Rich, languid, self-hating, self-loving, he can make a claim shared by only a handful of Hollywood veterans.
- Psychologist Maslow, for example, once wrote that he found it difficult "to conceive of feeling proud of myself, self-loving and self-respecting, if I were working, for example .
News & Articles
- Theater Review: 'Buyer and Cellar' -- 3.5 stars
Who would ever have imagined that “My Passion for Design,” Barbra Streisand’s self-loving 2010 book about the architecture, construction and decorating of her various homes, would inspire one of the most well-constructed, savvy and thoroughly hilarious one-man shows in years.
Aug. 30, 2013 - amNewYork
- Elle Macpherson in Daily Telegraph
That's why I'm so hesitant to give advice,Macpherson says. "I believe that what works for me may not work for you. I think the most important thing is that I'm self-loving. I honour and respect other people's opinions, but what people...
- Gilad Atzmon in Aljazeera.net
Atzmon writes: "We are dealing here with a uniquely and seriously disturbed immature nation. We are dealing with a self-loving narcissistic child .......... The more the Israelis love themselves and their delusional phantasmic innocence, the more...
- Alice Walker in Philadelphia Daily News
She was the healthy side of black life, that which was pretty much absent from Richard Wright, whom I also love very deeply,says novelist Alice Walker of Hurston, describing her as a "very vibrant, self-loving spirit."